Tuesday, August 16, 2011

McFarlane figures, Abomination, Lanard CORPS, McDonald's Changeables, and Dino Riders

FIGHT!      
Okay, I get but don't get McFarlane toys.  Yes, he partially changed the way we look at comics and action figures.  Maybe Todd's to thank/blame for the modern trend of ultra-detail.  I just tend to prefer playability over slightly poseable statues that only stand up in one position.

Anyway, what we have here
  • A McFarlane Monsters Werewolf; some 1:18 McFarlane Dracula (came with a set, I had the casket and sold it off)
  • McFarlane 1:18 Dracula that came with some other parts - I sold the casket
  • The Abomination from the latest Hulk movie (better plot, underpowered Hulk...but then again, maybe he wasn't angry enough).
  • Lord of the Rings Gimli
  • A Spawn figure (I don't know which one, and I'm NOT spending hours scouring the web to figure it out).
  • Two CORPS figures
  • A Dino Riders figure (DINOSAURS WITH LASERS!)
  • McDonald's Changeables Dinosaur figure
A few impressions:
  • It's hard for me to like the Werewolf.  Yeah, it's highly detailed, but calling this an "action figure" is occasionally generous.
  • I never got into Spawn, so I don't really know the relevance much of the figures.  I WILL give McFarlane this - the character looks cool at times, particularly some of the medieval stuff.
  • There is a big part of me that wishes maybe I should have had more of the generic action figure lines like CORPS and the various Remco lines over the years.  Something about them triggers the imagination a little more, where you have to work harder as a kid to come up with the stories to play out.  I actually tend to keep CORPS figures whenever I come across them - both for kids and just to see how I can accumulate them.  I have more of these than Joes, I think.
  • Dino Riders.  Wasn't into them much.
  • The McDonald's Changeables are almost the only McD's toys that I can ever seem to find someone willing to purchase.  The rest tend to wind up in the .25 bin I have for the Disney stuff for the kiddies at the flea market.
If you like any of these guys, shoot me an email at Seven_7s@yahoo.com.  I'm willing to sell them off, except the CORPS figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment